Friday, February 20, 2009

Weekend Riding

 I may be on shaky ground after already promising good riding weather once before, only to have a bunch of riders blame me for much colder weather. But has anyone else checked out the weekend forecast? 47 degrees in February—it’ll feel (almost) tropical.

Spokane, WA

Sat
Mostly Sunny

47° | 29°

 So, this tells me:

  1)      We’ll have a good sized group at the Rocket Bakery on 14th Street tomorrow for our ride at Noon.

2)      Rider 2 – a.k.a. Quicksilver – will show up wearing knickers and armwarmers, no booties and no ear protection. And he’ll be hot.

3)      Rider 3 will show up wearing no fewer than two base layers, booties, thermal socks and gloves appropriate for an Antarctic expedition. And he’ll be cold.

4)      It will feel great to get a few hours of time in on the road.

5)      I will need to wash my bike tomorrow morning. It’s been a month and I’m pretty sure I’ve destroyed my chain because of the lack of maintenance.

 

Here’s another good reason to show up Saturday. Check out the forecast for Sunday. Unless you want to pretend you're in Flanders on Sunday, Saturday should be much more pleasant.

Spokane, WA

Sun
Rain
45° | 34°

No comments:

Post a Comment