Monday, March 2, 2009

Team jersey

I remember once many years ago, when I thought I was pretty hot sh*t, laughing with a good friend as we rode behind someone on one of Boulder's big group rides. This was in the mid-90's, and this crusty old race mechanic was sporting an ancient 7-Eleven-Tropicana jersey. This was the junior team that fed the senior 7-Eleven team, which eventually fed the pro squad. At least in theory.

Anyway, as we laughed we swore to ourselves that we would never turn into that guy. Ever. That we wouldn't run 15-year-old gear that had seen much, much better days. 

But anyone that has ridden with me recently knows that I have absolutely turned into that guy. Most of my shorts and jerseys have holes in them. My road shoes have holes in them and the velcro is totally worn out. My crankset doesn't have holes in it, but has been attached to no fewer than five bottom brackets (all of which I've worn out). And about 1/4 of the eyelets on my front training wheel are cracked.

The irony is that I love new riding gear. Bikes, shoes, parts, whatever. It's always fun to pull on new togs, to set up a new ride, or get new shoes dialed in. 

Actually, I've never really liked dialing in new shoes. 

I've digressed once again. The real point of today's post is to show off our new jerseys, which I'm very, very excited about. Pretty cool, I think. They're subtle for sure, but that's what we're going for. We'll have Giordana shorts as well, which is even more important. 

Let us know what you think about the new design. 

Sometime soon I'll post the design for t-shirts that you'll be able to find at Two Wheel Transit and the Steam Plant Grill


From Team Two Wheel

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! I like the fact that they're clean and not too busy.
    I look forward to the shirts.

    ReplyDelete