Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunday's Ride - Part 2

Rather than putting up the world's longest post, I have split my ride report into two. The second part appears first so that they will be in correct order when the first part appears. Trust me, it will work.

Ride Report continued:

More Hill

From Rides


Deer in the road. I was moving so slowly I snuck up on it.

From Rides


Did I mention it was cold?

From Rides


Bald eagles, turkeys, hawks, lots of deer and . . . Texas Longhorns?

From Rides


The last of Valley Chapel hill. It's about 17 miles long. No, not really, but it felt like it today.

From Rides


This is not ideal. That is the setting sun.

From Rides


Here was my shortcut home. Since I survived, I guess it was a good idea, but that is not a dirt road right now. It is an ice road with gravel in places.

From Rides


The last mile home on H 195. Yes, those are headlights, which means the sun is setting and the temperature is dropping rapidly. Did I mention that it was cold?

From Rides


This is a horrible picture, but there is a layer of ice about a 1/4" thick on the entire inside of the water bottle. I have had the valve ice up before, but nothing like this. I think it is safe to say that it was too cold for a ride today.

From Rides


I really wanted to get outside for a ride today because I am lacking enthusiasm for winter. Last week's ride was invigorating, but it was 32F and sunny. Today's high was 25F and it was overcast. Okay, I'm still glad I went, but it makes me look forward to a balmy 40F for rides in a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment