Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Ride of the New Year

This is a teaser post. You will find the first part here and the rest here: http://twowheeltransit.blogspot.com/2011/01/rider-three-first-ride-of-year.html

I wish I had seen the post below about trainers a bit earlier. It would have reminded my of my own trainer, a Kurt Kinetic trainer that I purchased at Two Wheel Transit a few years ago. If I had remembered it AND ACTUALLY RIDDEN IT, then the last two days of amazingly balmy weather and decent roads would have felt good. Instead, they felt like two big helpings of misery, under a dollop of pain and smothered with a rich creamy sauce of overweight.

On VeloNews, the cartoonist makes fun of a team called, "Old Guys Who Get Fat in the Winter." I am the poster child for that team this year. I had a ride with multiple falls on September 11, a day that will stand out in my memory now, and then another injury a few weeks later, followed by a car crash a couple of weeks after that, followed by months of sloth and inactivity caused by an unusually heavy work load, horrible winter weather and a major issue between the ears.

For the rest, check it out at our new spot: http://twowheeltransit.blogspot.com/2011/01/rider-three-first-ride-of-year.html

No comments:

Post a Comment